Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Essay Week 11: More Celtic Fairy Tales



This week I read the unit MoreCeltic Fairy Tales. I first tried to read Celtic Tales. I started on the first story but they way the story was written I could not understand what was going on. I decided to try More Celtic Fairy Tales because I really wanted to hear about some Celtic stories. I didn’t really think about how they are written might be tough for me to read. There were a couple of stories that were hard for me to understand and follow what was going on. How Cormac Mac Art went toFaery was a story were the type of writing left me confused. One story that the ending completely confused me was The Farmer of Liddesdale. The ending did not really explain much. The last paragraph really confused me. I was left with one big question and that was “who was the ploughman?” I also was asking myself, how did he just disappear? Why the mist? I reread that ending paragraph multiple times and I was always left with the same questions. There were some really good stories as well. I liked The Fate of the Children of Lir, The Vision of MacConglinney, The Story of the McAndrew Family, and The Ridere of Riddles. These stories took up the majority of this unit because they are the bigger stories. These stories were very interesting and I had not read any of these stories before. My favorite was The Ridere of Riddles. I liked how the boys in this story are clever and think on their feet quickly. The Vision of MacConglinney was a little hard for me to follow but I was able to follow it decently. I liked that this story was different that all of the other stories I have read this year. I thought this was a good unit but there are a few tough stories to get through. 
 More Celtic Fairy Tales. 
Web Source: UN-Textbook

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I was thinking about reading something Celtic for this week, so thanks for the input about it. Sad to hear some stories are a little confusing and tough, but that’s just kind of literature sometimes. Like satire. I think I am the only english major who hates satire - I just don’t understand it. But I digress. Your review was really helpful in my decision for week 12, thanks!

    ReplyDelete