Saturday, October 4, 2014

Reading Diary Week 8: Reading Diary Assesment



I think the Reading Diaries are going pretty well for me. At first I thought I needed to know everything from every story. That took a lot of time and was unnecessary. Lately, I have been giving a brief overview of each of the stories and I find this very helpful when I am writing my storytellings each week. I normally do the readings and the storytelling so close that I remember the main parts of the stories. When I come up with what I want to write about in my storytelling I go back to my Reading Diary and that jogs my memory. I am also able to click the link to the story I am specifically writing about. This allows me search for specific details that I might have forgotten. There are some details from the instructions that I either didn’t notice or I have forgotten about. Those are that we should be writing down our feelings or ideas of the stories and not just the morals. I did a whole Diary post about morals. So I will try to stay away from that. I think what has helped me most from these Diary posts is the way I have been doing it recently,  which is the quick overview like I said above. The past few weeks I have been using this same strategy. It is what helps me the most and really helps me later in the week for the storytelling.  I probably write a little bit too much on my Diary posts but this is what I found helps me the most. When I find something I like I tend to stick with it. Even if that means I spent a little more time each week.  The lengths of my Diary posts vary but that is because the length of the stories varies week to week. So a shorter story makes me end up with a shorter Diary post. These Diary post help me out a lot. In past classes I really struggled to remember what I read but with this class I seem to remember a lot more. I think this is because as I am reading I am writing down the key points from each story. I think the Diary posts are a great help to my weekly writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment