Thursday, August 14, 2014

Week 1: Famous Last Words

So far everything I have done has been before school has even started. I learned from last year that working ahead is the best way to keep from being stressed in this class. Though I never really got stressed because I enjoyed the work we did for the class I was in last year. I am actually writing this the Thursday before school. I guess I could be called an overachiever. So far the orientation week has been pretty easy. A lot of the material is the same as last year and we are able to use our work from last year or do a different assignment. I think that is a great idea. This makes the beginning not redundant. At this point I am excited for classes to start back up. This is my last year of college and I am excited to graduate. I have no idea where I will be next summer and that kind of scares me. Everything will work out in the end. I have yet to do any major writing for this class yet. That will change shortly though. I have been able to give feedback on the differences from last year though and that is nice to feel needed. This is actually kind of hard to come up with ideas on what to talk about since it is the first week. I do have to up at two thirty in the morning to go work. I have been inspecting at a job site in Newcastle the past month and a half. They are working on a bridge. Tomorrow, they are going to pour the concrete for the deck. The deck is the part that you drive on just for clarification. Tomorrow is also my last day at this internship. Back to this class, I hope I am able to come up with a good topic for my storybook this year. I really enjoyed my topic I chose for the Epics of India class last year. That will be a hard one to beat but I will try this year.


Be Yourself
Source: MKALTY

2 comments:

  1. 2:30 in the morning........ OUCH.
    I have to say, one of the many things I like about teaching online is that, in addition to being free of concrete (ha ha), I get to set my own hours.
    And yes, I too am soooooo curious what topic you will go with for this semester!
    Enjoy the weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your blog for orientation week 1, is like reading and actual blog that someone may have done for pleasure. It seems very authentic like it is almost as if you enjoy blogging. I can tell that you a really good at this because of your page layout. I admire that you have started before hand and are way ahead of someone us (well at least me).

    ReplyDelete