Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Week 1:Storybook Favorites

The storybook Jungle Tiger Stories caught my attention first. I thought the design of the storybook was quite plain but my thoughts about the storybook changed when I got to the introduction. I thought it was plain because the background was just green. There was not any design to the storybook. As I read the introduction I got the feel that the story was about the Jungle Book. I am not sure that it is about the Jungle Book but that is what I thought. The introduction made me want to read the whole story but do to time I am unable to but maybe I will go back and read it sometime.

The second storybook that caught my eye was Peter Pan: The Boy That Would Not Grow Up. I am a huge Peter Pan fan. I actually have a Halloween costume that is Peter Pan. The layout of the storybook is nice. There is not anything special but the font is fancy and there are two green colors. The introduction was put together pretty well. This is another story I would like to read. I am really curious as to who is telling the story. I guess to find that answer I need to read more of the story.

My last storybook is The Trickster of OU. I really like the look of of this storybook. The layout is very precious and neat. I had to look at this storybook because it is about OU and it is about tricksters. I take that as it had to be funny. I got the same feeling from reading the introduction. Again, I wish I could read this story. I really want to know what tricks the trickster does in the story. I think the author couls have changed the font to give the look a little more pop but overall I think this is a good storybook.


1 comment:

  1. You picked some great Storybooks here, Colton - that tiger project was from last semester, and it actually got me kind of obsessed about tiger stories because I realized that I did not know very many tiger stories... so one of the things I tried to do with the Un-Textbook this summer was to include tigers. I found some great ones - and you can actually search the Un-Textbook which is nice, so here are tigers in the UnTextbook:
    http://goo.gl/eCDqXU

    As you can see, the topics for Myth-Folklore are all over the place, and because the variety of topics is so huge, that means a huge variety of styles. It's not easy to set the Indian Epics at OU (although a few people have managed to do it!), but now, with Myth-Folklore, there are a ton of topics that can be set at OU if you want to do that! I think those Storybooks are so much fun and the Trickster one was especially excellent because President Boren is a character in it!

    ReplyDelete