Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Essay Week 3: Aesop (Winter)

This week I read Aesop (Winter). This was a very different unit from the one I read the second week of class. The second week I read Cupid and Psyche. That unit is a story that continues from part to part. Aesop (Winter) does not. Aesop has many short stories for each part. There are 20 parts and about four to five stories per part. That makes somewhere around 80 stories if not more. The stories are not that long but there is a lot of changing from story to story. I did enjoy each little story and the moral they provided. The number of stories was taxing on my mind though. I had a really hard time staying focused. I guess I find it much easier if I read one continuous story. I really liked The Dog, the Cock, and the Fox. I ended up choosing it as my storytelling base story. I really liked the moral. “Those who try to deceive may expect to be paid in their own coin.” This is so true. Karma will come back and get you. There weren’t really any stories that I did not like. They were all great but there were a lot of them. I chose this unit and thought to myself a lot of little stories would be great. I was correct they were all great but this unit wore me out. I spent a lot of my ahead time just trying to finish all the stories. I also was writing a brief overview of each little story at the beginning of my reading diary. That quickly changed when the first two parts took me over an hour to get through. Overall, I think this is a great unit. I just think everyone should know that there is a little more work with this unit.
Aesop (Winter)
Web Source: Un-Textbook

No comments:

Post a Comment