Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Week 7 Essay: African Stories from Lang's Fairy Books



This week I read the unit called African Stories from Lang'sFairy Books from the African Traditions reading options. I read this because our teacher, Laura Gibbs, recommended the unit to me. I enjoyed this unit. The unit is basically three different stories. The first two stories were basically about tricksters. Those stories were great to see how clever the characters were. The last story is about a hero and his journey. He defeats many powerful giants on his way but in the end he finds a huge giant that he is unable to defeat and the giant cannot defeat him. They both end up getting invited to live in the clouds with the gods. This was a great story. I really like heroes so this story kept me entertained. I actually stayed up late just to read this story. I would say this story was my favorite of them all. I did really enjoy all of the stories though. This is a great unit for this class. Each story is easy to read and just long enough to not make the stories short which would cause there to be a lot of stories. I would definitely recommend for other students to read this unit. There were not many big surprises. I expected the stories to be good. I was glad this turned out to be such a great unit though. I have never heard of any of these stories so that also kept the unit interesting. I liked the length of this unit as well. Other units have been a little bit longer which makes them harder to read the whole unit at once. This unit is short enough to read all at once. Overall, this is a great unit and I am glad I was recommended to read it. 
Picture From Africa
Web Source: Welcome 2 Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment