Thursday, September 18, 2014

Week 5 Essay: Arabian Nights

This week I read the unit Arabian Nights. This unit was half about Aladdin and the other half was about Scheherazade. I really liked both parts of this unit. I thought the Scheherazade part of the unit was interesting. Each story led to a new story which really kept the unit interesting. I thought Scheherazade was very brave and clever coming up with a way to survive. She told a story but didn’t finish it until the next day and that story led to another story. This kept the Sultan from killing her. I really liked her story but my favorite part of this unit is the Aladdin section. The story was similar to the version I am used to but there were some major differences. The version I know is from Disney which the bad guy is close to the Sultan. In this unit the bad guy is just a random magician. The only bad part of this unit was I forgot the beginning story when reading the Scheherazade story because there were so many add on stories. I wish I knew how the story ended for Scheherazade. I may have missed it but I did not see how her story ended. An ending would be great because for all I know she starts a new story to stay alive every day. This story does not help me with my storybook but I really did enjoy this unit. I would recommend reading this unit to everyone. I would rate this in the top of the units that I have read so far this year. I would probably rate it the best if it was not for my love of Ramayana. Aladdin is such a great story especially the part where he goes after the magician for taking his princess. 
Aladdin and the Genie
Website: Un-Textbook

No comments:

Post a Comment